ESR on post-C landscape

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 16:52:32 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 at 06:32:55 UTC, lobo wrote:
> And I fixed it all right – took me two weeks of struggle. After
> which I swore a mighty oath never to go near C++ again.
> ...[snip]"

  Reminds me of the last time I touched C++. A friend wanted help
with the Unreal Engine. While skeptical the actual headers and
code I was going into were... really straight forward. #IfDef's
to encapsulate and control if something was/wasn't used, and
simple C syntax with no overrides or special code otherwise.

  But it was ugly... it was verbose... it was still hard to find
my way around. And I still don't want to ever touch C++ if I can
avoid it.