ESR on post-C landscape

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 09:38:35 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 09:00:38 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> problems; I want something that helps with apps that are big,
> distributed, concurrent, and efficient because those are the
> more important problems people are solving today and in the
> future."
> http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7724&cpage=1#comment-1913062
>
> To the extent microservices push in exactly this direction, D
> needs to make an effort there.

I'm not sure if most distributed computing require D/C++/Rust
level of efficiency. Erlang isn't exactly efficient or
convenient, but people still use it… for semantic reasons.

Seems like this is an area where high level protocol verification
would be more important than C-style coding. And since such tools
are on the way (as static semantic analysis) it will be difficult
to provide good library solutions for that field.