ESR on post-C landscape

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 07:12:16 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 16 November 2017 at 06:51:58 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 16/11/2017 6:35 AM, Ola Fosheim Grostad wrote:
> Thing is, it is a failure, the way most people use it.

You can say that about most things: exceptions, arrays, pointers,
memory, structs with public fields... But I guess what you are
saying is that many people arent good at modelling...

> When used correctly it is a very nice additive to any code base.
> It just can't be the only one.

Well, it can in a flexible OO language (niche languages). However
it was never meant to be used out of context, i.e not meant to be
used for "pure math".