User defined type and foreach

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Nov 18 16:09:14 UTC 2017

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 02:50:59AM -0700, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> Personally, I'm inclined to think that we should never have had save
> and should have required that reference type ranges which are forward
> ranges be wrapped in a struct where copying it does the same thing
> that save does now, but I seriously doubt that we could make a change
> that big now.

Andrei also expressed, in retrospect, the same sentiment about input vs.
forward ranges. But as you said, that ship has already sailed and we
just have to make do with what we have now.

If you want to solve a problem, you need to address its root cause, not just its symptoms. Otherwise it's like treating cancer with Tylenol...