dub: Use Alternate Dependency

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 14:50:45 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 at 07:36:25 UTC, drug wrote:

> Probably author needs the following:
> dependency "package" version="*"
> path="../relative/path/to/other/custom/package"
> instead of
> dependency "package" version="~>1.2.3"
>
> this allows using custom package not registered on dub and
> after debugging register them and use them as usual.

That looks like it will be useful. For bauss's recommendation, I
would effectively have to register the working directory with dub
add-local and give it a version in order for it to work. I think
it would work, but this looks to be fewer steps. I don't have to
remember to remove it when I'm done, just to not use "git add .".