Visual D >> TRACKER : error TRK0004: Failed to locate: "FileTracker32.dll". The system cannot find the file specified.

A Guy With a Question aguywithaquestion at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 19:55:48 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 at 04:39:52 UTC, A Guy With a
Question wrote:
> I'm trying to learn D using Visual D in Visual Studio Community
> 2015. Both dmd and ldc give me this error when building from
> Visual Studio. Any ideas? I'm able to build C++ projects...

So I figured this one out. I set my dmd directory wrong. I could
not find where to correct this though in visual d's
configurations. I probably just kept glossing over it. What I
ended up doing was uninstalling visual d and reinstalling where I
noticed it defaulted me to my D folder, but I needed to point it
at dmd's root folder.

Just in case anyone was wondering what the fix was to this.