On Attributes

user1234 user1234 at 12.nl
Tue Nov 28 01:18:51 UTC 2017

On Monday, 27 November 2017 at 20:07:08 UTC, A Guy With a
Question wrote:
> On Monday, 27 November 2017 at 19:41:03 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 27 November 2017 at 19:10:04 UTC, A Guy With a
>>> One thing that is bugging me is having to mark up all of my
>>> declarations with attributes.
>>
>> Meh, you could also just ignore the attribute crap. Only
>> reason I ever mess with them is if someone who is using them
>> tries to use my code... otherwise you can pretend the spam
>> doesn't exist and be more productive.
>
> Yeah, I'm leaning towards that direction. It seems they could
> have been useful if they were the default. But opting into them
> doesn't seem as useful, unfortunately. I'll probably continue
> fiddling with them, but I might just abandon using them.

I also rarely put the attributes (although sincerely i think that
my funcs are pure 99% of them time) but take care because
recently it was announced that better code will be generated if
there are scope(exit) / try-finally inside nothrow funcs:

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/ovbduq$m3a$1@digitalmars.com