D program in Windows Task Scheduler.

rjframe dlang at ryanjframe.com
Tue Nov 28 12:16:41 UTC 2017

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 09:44:39 +0000, Vino wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   I have small D program which run's perfectly when i run it
> manually, but when I schedule the same via windows task scheduler and
> choose the option "Run whether user is logged on or not" the program
> does not execute, the task scheduler job log return code
> 4294967295(Invalid argument). SO request you help on this.

You're not using getopt in the sample; if you comment that line out, do
you still have the problem?

How are you passing arguments in Task Scheduler? You should be using the
textbox for arguments, not the same one the application is passed in.
Program/script: test.exe
Add arguments: dryrun, run

If that's correct, create a batch file that takes no arguments and calls
your application and try running the batch file via Task Scheduler. If
that fails, the application is probably trying to do something it doesn't
have permission to do. If it succeeds, the task command is probably not
set up correctly.

--Ryan