Python and D (PyD)

Fat_Umpalumpa davidhin at mac.com
Wed Nov 29 06:34:53 UTC 2017

Hello, I have searched these forums a bit to see if it is
possible to use python libraries such as matplotlib which I have
enough experience with, and wish to continue using this wonderful
library within D. Maybe there are great D graphing libraries, but
I have zero experience with them.

I cam across PyD and found an example from "Welcome to Quick
Start with D!"
http://d.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples.html#plotting-with-matplotlib-python

I have tried to understand the example here and thoroughly as
possible, to the point of downloading the Github example
https://github.com/andralex/thenextafterc/tree/master/examples/matplotlib

When I try to compile the app.d script with dmd I get the
following error

app.d(1): Error: module pyd is in file 'pyd/pyd.d' which cannot
be read
import path[0] = /Library/D/dmd/src/phobos
import path[1] = /Library/D/dmd/src/druntime/import

I have tried to install PyD with pip and installed version 0.10
which I think is the same as
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyd

But according to dlang https://code.dlang.org/packages/pyd only
up to version 0.9.9 is supported?