For fun: Expressive C++ 17 Coding Challenge in D

Biotronic simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:04:58 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 at 19:25:56 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Found on Reddit:
>

> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/740617/the_expressive_c17_coding_challenge/
>
> How would you do it in D?
>
> Ali
>
> P.S. You can ignore the following note from the challenge text;
> I don't think it applies to D. Honestly, I don't think it
> matters for C++17 either. :)
>
>   "You can assume input files won't be super large and can fit
> fully into memory."

https://gist.github.com/Biotronic/0bc6048b880d67bfdca970453cc47cf9

I opted for writing to stdout instead, because 1) it's easier, x)
it's less code, and b) it's more flexible.

The memory limitations certainly do apply - readText would fail
upon reading humongous files, and for 32-bit programs the
resulting string wouldn't be able to hold enough data. Since the
code uses ranges though, a simple replacement of readText with an
mmapped equivalent should enable humongous file support with no
other code change required.

--
   Biotronic