Infuriating DUB/DMD build bug.

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:12:09 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 5 October 2017 at 21:48:20 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:

> With writing files, that's usually a permissions thing?  But
> all the other 8 packages build fine?
>
> Note: I had a similar problem with derelict-assimp3 package, so
> I went to an entirely different system and cloned my project.
> But now it fails with the same error, but with
> a different package.

Looks like it may be a system error as a result of the path being
too long. I've encountered that a couple times over the years
when building projects with dub. What I suggest you try is to
remove the offending package(s) from
AppData/Roaming/dub/packages, create a new directory off C: (say,
C:\dub, manually fetch the packages you need into that directory
and use `dub add-local` on them (see an example in the derelict
docs [1]), then try to build your project again and see what
happens.