initializing a static array

Simon Bürger simon.buerger at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Oct 10 13:36:56 UTC 2017

I have a static array inside a struct which I would like to be
initialized to all-zero like so

   struct Foo(size_t n)
   {
     double[n] bar = ... all zeroes ...
   }

(note that the default-initializer of double is nan, and not zero)

I tried

   double[n] bar = 0;  // does not compile
   double[n] bar = {0}; // neither does this
   double[n] bar = [0]; // compiles, but only sets the first
element, ignoring the rest

Is there a good way to set them all to zero? The only way I can
think of is using string-mixins to generate a string such as
"[0,0,0,0]" with exactly n zeroes. But that seems quite an
overkill for such a basic task. I suspect I might be missing
something obvious here...