debugging in vs code on Windows

kerdemdemir kerdemdemir at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 17:04:00 UTC 2017

On Friday, 13 October 2017 at 12:55:09 UTC, piotrklos wrote:
> I have windows 10, VS Code with code-d and C/C++ language
> extensions. I try to debug but it doesn't work. In particular,
> the debugging doesn't stop on breakpoints. It exits
> immediately. I recompile with -m64 and -g. I use dub to build
> the project. I use unit-threaded and I'm trying to debug a
> unittest build.
>
> Has anyone been able to debug in VS code on Windows? What am I
> doing wrong?
>
> (Rhetorical) Why is dlang community provide so many options
> (see https://wiki.dlang.org/Debuggers) and **every single one**
> of them is faulty in some way? I tried windbg and mago-mi but
> didn't gen anywhere.

I am using VisualD(https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases)
with vs2015 community version(free) and I can debug. I highly
recommend it if you haven't tried yet. Those options like "-g"
is presented to you with interfaces. Forexample "-g" is
automatically is being added if you are selecting debug
builds(like Debug DMD or Debug LDC).