Writing some built-in functions for Bash, possible?

Ky-Anh Huynh saigon at example.net
Wed Oct 18 03:48:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm using Bash heavily in my systems. Things become slow and slow
when I have tons of scripts :) And sometimes it's not easy to
manipulate data.

You may have heard of recutils [1] which has a C extension to be
loaded by Bash. Is it possible to write similar things in D, for
Bash? I am not good at C; it's great if I explore this field:)

Some examples in C are in [2].

My experience: Dlang has `pipe` support however the syntax is not
as clean as Bash :) Most of the times I see short (<1k loc) Bash
scripts are easy to maintain than Ruby (and now D things) scripts.

Thanks for your reading.

[1]: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15302035
[2]:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bash.git/tree/examples/loadables/cat.c