Making template instantiations more lazy

Biotronic simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 11:18:31 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 18 October 2017 at 10:55:49 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 October 2017 at 10:36:41 UTC, Per Nordlöw
> wrote:
>> Yeah I've thought of that.
>>
>> I still would like to have it built-in to the compiler.
>
> Would such a change cause any serious breakage?

Seems unlikely - when did you last use a function without using
it? :p

I'm not actually sure why D behaves this way - C++ doesn't. I
guess there is some value as tests - instantiating the type tests
that all its methods compile. Not actually sure that's more of a
positive than a negative, but it's certainly never bothered me.

--
   Biotronic