Generating DDOX documentation

FreeSlave freeslave93 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 11:17:34 UTC 2017

On Friday, 20 October 2017 at 10:47:57 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> Given a documented source file (eg. process.d), I can generate
> the DDOC version of the documentation with the -D switch of DMD
> as such:
>
>     $ dmd -Dfprocess.html process.d
>
> What do I modify on that line to get the DDOX version of the
> same file?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

dmd has no knowledge of ddox. Ddox is a separate program that
takes a json output of dmd ddoc and generates nicer docs.
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox

Example of usage:
dmd -o- -X -Xfdocs.json [list of options that used to build the
project, including the list of source files...]
/path/to/ddox generate-html --navigation-type=ModuleTree
docs.json docs/

If you're using dub to build your project, then generating ddox
documentation as easy as
dub build --build=ddox