D on AArch64 CPU

David J Kordsmeier dkords at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 20:20:09 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 07:00:55 UTC, David J Kordsmeier
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 08:37:53 UTC, Johannes Pfau
> wrote:
>>
>> Iain recently updated GDC & phobos up to 2.074 and we have a
>> pull request for 2.075. So don't worry about fixing old GDC
>> phobos/druntime versions, recent gdc git branches should
>> already have AArch64 phobos changes.
>>
>> We have a test runner for AArch and GDC master here:
>> https://buildbot.dgnu.org/#/builders/2/builds/29
>>
>> There are still some failing test suite tests though and
>> AFAICS we currently don't build phobos on that CI at all.
>>
>> (We can run ARM/AArch tests without special hardware, thanks to
>> QEMU's user mode emulation)
>>
>> -- Johannes
>
> Thanks both for the reply.   I'll be interested to try both gdc
> and the ldc cross compiler options.

BTW - I randomly decided to check on the latest status of builds
today, to see if by chance AARCH64 is passing the buildbot tests
run for GDC.  Pleased to find, that actually as of four days ago,
it is passing:

https://buildbot.dgnu.org/#/builders/2/builds/45/steps/3/logs/stdio

Looking forward to jumping back into D.