Dub documentation with an initial ddoc file

Anton Fediushin via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 4 01:19:26 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 3 September 2017 at 23:14:15 UTC, Conor O'Brien wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out how to generate documentation
> for my project using dub. I have found this link[1] which told
> me how I could use dub to generate docs:
>
>     dub build --build=docs <project-name>
>
> However, I wish to have a set of macros that are present on
> every documentation file, that would define how the resultant
> HTML document is rendered. I tried:
>
>     dub build --build=docs <project-name> html.ddoc
>
> But I got the following error:
>
>     Expected one or zero arguments.
>     Run "dub build -h" for more information about the "build"
> command.
>
> How might I include `html.ddoc` with every file that has
> documentation?

Add this to your dub.json:

"configurations": [
   {
     "name": "docs",
     "buildOptions": ["syntaxOnly"],
     "dflags": ["-Dddocs"],
     "sourceFiles": ["html.ddoc"]
   }
]

Or if you use dub.sdl:

configuration "docs" {
   buildOptions "syntaxOnly"
   dflags "-Dddocs"
   sourceFiles "html.ddoc"
}

This adds a new configuration named "docs", which can be used
like this:

$ dub -c docs