D scripting

Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 5 01:13:02 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 at 07:32:24 UTC, EntangledQuanta
wrote:
> I would like to use D as a "scripting" language for my D app.
> There seems to be no such thing.
>
> Since we can include the D compiler in our distribution, it is
> easy to enable "plugin" capabilities, but directly interfacing
> with the source code seems like it would require a bit of
> work(duplicating the code that one wants to include so it can
> be linked in and "hot swapping").

Which OS do you use? I had a similiar idea but failed on windows
due to some strange effects. I think they were caused by the
known windows dll unload bug, discussed here:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/rreyasqnvyagrkvqrjos@forum.dlang.org

At the end I decided to use the script engine from Adam Ruppe
(arsd) until this bug is fixed.

Kind regards
André