Making a repo of downloaded dub package

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 5 01:43:02 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, September 05, 2017 07:52:03 Rene Zwanenburg via Digitalmars-d-
learn wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 at 06:23:26 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> > On Monday, 4 September 2017 at 20:31:35 UTC, Igor wrote:
> >> Search for word "local" here:
> >> https://code.dlang.org/docs/commandline. Maybe some of those
> >> can help you. If not you could make a pull request for dub
> >> that would support such a thing :)
> >
> > That will make a Dub package out of a Git package, but I'm
> > trying to do it vice-versa (And so that it is able to use the
> > same histoy as the repository). I think it will require Git
> > commands, but what commands exactly? I was unable to figure
> > that out myself.
>
> When you go to the package's page on code.dlang, look for the
> github repository link in the top right corner. You can fork from
> there.

Yeah. I'm fairly certain that that's your only option. dub is not designed
with the idea that you would be editing the source code that it downloads.
That's just intended for building the code that you are editing. It does
support adding local repos to get pulled in via dub so that you can have
your local stuff depend on other local stuff, but when dub downloads
something, it's really just for its internal use.

- Jonathan M Davis