vibed services stop response after several days of work

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 5 06:51:40 PDT 2017

Am 01.09.2017 um 12:31 schrieb Suliman:
> On Friday, 1 September 2017 at 08:01:24 UTC, Suliman wrote:
>> I got same problem on Windows Server 2016 and on Linux Debian 8.5.
>> I have few very simple backend based on vibed 0.8.1, compiler dmd
>> 2.075.1.
>>
>> nginx servise is do port forwarding. Nothing more is used.
>>
>> After several days of working I am begining to get "502 Bad Gateway"
>> error. The service is not down, it's continue to working, but on
>> Windows task manager I seen very low memory usage (0.4MB) and on Linux
>> I see next: https://snag.gy/ban3jX.jpg (i am not familiar with Linux
>> and do not sure if process is alive or not because htop do not show it)
>>
>> The code is *very* simple https://github.com/bubnenkoff/dlang.ru
>>
>> Is there any ideas how to diagnostic the problem?
>
> I got error https://paste.ofcode.org/exCL5S2vbp6qhYBqj7v6ez
>
> Is it's issue with libevent?
>
> Does even-loop depend on used OS?

The dpaste shown doesn't seem to match the code in the repository. There
is a reference to vibe.web.rest and the mysql-native driver, which I
couldn't find in the dlang.ru source code.

The error is most likely caused by issuing two requests to the MySQL
server from two different tasks on the same connection. Usually,
mysql-native uses a connection pool to avoid this, but that could have
been circumvented by accident.