Container Array

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 8 02:51:38 PDT 2017

On 09/07/2017 11:21 PM, Vino.B wrote:

 >   At last was able to print the output, but i am getting some
 > "Deprecation" warnings like below and also can you help me in formating
 > the output to display ulong.
 >
 > Output:
 > Size.d(9): Deprecation: std.container.array.RangeT(A) is not visible
 > from module Size

That's due to std.container.array.RangeT being private. The deprecation
warning is about a bug that leaked such private symbols when they were
imported selectively (I think). Now the bug is fixed, you won't be able
to access the symbol at the end of the deprecation period.

 > import std.algorithm: filter, map, fold;
 > import std.container;
 > import std.file: SpanMode, dirEntries, isDir;
 > import std.stdio: File, writefln, writeln;
 > import std.typecons: tuple, Tuple;
 > import std.parallelism: parallel;
 > import std.conv;
 > import std.range;
 > Tuple!(RangeT!(Array!(Tuple!string)), RangeT!(Array!ulong))
 > coSizeDirList () {
 >     string FFs = "C:\\Temp\\sapnas2\\BACKUP";
 >     int SizeDir = 1;
 >     ulong subdirTotal;
 >     ulong subdirTotalGB;
 >     Array!(ulong) Subdata;
 >     auto dFiles = Array!(Tuple!(string)) (dirEntries(FFs,
 > SpanMode.shallow).filter!(a => a.isDir).map!(a => tuple(a.name)));
 >     foreach (d; dFiles[]) {
 >                 auto SdFiles = Array!(Tuple!(ulong)) (dirEntries(d[0],
 > SpanMode.depth).map!(a => tuple(a.size)));
 >                 foreach(f; SdFiles[]) { subdirTotal += f.fold!((a, b) =>
 > a + b); }
 >                     subdirTotalGB = (subdirTotal/1024/1024);
 >                     if (subdirTotalGB > SizeDir) { Subdata ~=
 > subdirTotalGB; }
 >                     subdirTotal = 0;
 >             }
 >             return tuple (dFiles[], Subdata[]);
 > }
 >
 > void main () {
 >     writeln(coSizeDirList[]);
 >     //writefln("%(%-(%-63s %)\n%)", coSizeDirList[]);
 > }

I apologize for not really having time to look at what you're trying to
achieve. I gave you advice which ended up trying to solve compilation
errors.

I think the main problem here is to determine directories above a
certain size. So, I think Array should enter the picture only if
built-in arrays are not usable for some reason. Even better, one should
stay with lazy range algorithms as long as it's possible.

How about the following approach, which you can either use directly or
populate an Array with:

import std.algorithm: filter, map, sum;
import std.file: SpanMode, dirEntries, isDir, DirEntry;
import std.stdio: writeln;

auto dFiles(string dirName) {
     return dirEntries(dirName, SpanMode.shallow).filter!(a => a.isDir);
}

auto totalSize(DirEntry dir) {
     return dirEntries(dir, SpanMode.depth).map!(a => a.size).sum;
}

struct DirInfo {
     string name;
     ulong size;
}

auto coSizeDirList (string dirName, ulong sizeLimit) {
     return dFiles(dirName).map!(dir => DirInfo(dir.name,
dir.totalSize)).filter!(info => info.size > sizeLimit);
}

void main () {
     writeln(coSizeDirList("./deleteme", 1));

     // Only if Array is really needed:
     import std.container : Array;
     auto arr = Array!DirInfo(coSizeDirList("./deleteme", 42));
     writeln(arr[]);
}

Ali