GtkD mouse latency issues

Joseph via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 10 21:29:34 PDT 2017

I have a GTK paned element and when I click to drag the handler,
it does not respond immediately. I have to hold the left mouse
button down for about 1 second and not move it before it
"catches" and lets me drag, else I does not move.

I'm using Glade and the most simple example of a paned widget.
Any ideas what could be causing this? Is GtkD introducing any
type of UI response latency for the paned handle? In my app I
have an icon/image that responds immediately.

Is polling being used by any chance for handling some of these
events? I'm trying to determine if this is a Gtk or GtkD issue.
The delay makes it pretty frustrating to use because it is an
unnaturally long wait. Users will just want to click and
immediately drag rather than wait a second to drag.

As far as I can tell, this only seems to be a problem with the
paned handle, but I'm not 100% sure. It doesn't seem to be a UI
update issue or it would eventually "catch up" with the movement
of the mouse, which it doesn't.