Catching C++ Exceptions in D - Windows and Linux

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 11 21:33:30 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 03:51:45 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm here in HK with Ilya, Atila, John Colvin, and Jonathan
> Davis.
>  I wondered what the current state of D catching C++ exceptions
> was on Linux and Windows.  I know that some work was done on
> making this possible, and my understanding is that it is, more
> or less - just wondered what the rough corners might be.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Laeeth.

IIRC I remember Walter saying that we should only bother to be
able to catch C++ exceptions derived from std::exception, as
opposed to say ints or strings. I believe the line was "those who
throw ints should get what they deserve".

Apart from that I believe they should "just work", although I
haven't tested.

OT I'm sorry I could make it to HK, I'm busy with uni all this
week. I could possibly do telepresence though.

Nic