Adding empty static this() causes exception

Joseph via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 12 02:11:20 PDT 2017

I have two nearly duplicate files I added a static this() to
initialize some static members of an interface.

On one file when I add an empty static this() it crashes while
the other one does not.

The exception that happens is
Cyclic dependency between module A and B.

Why does this occur on an empty static this? Is it being ran
twice or something? Anyway to fix this?

Seriously, simply adding static this() { } to module B crashes
the program ;/ module A and module B both import each other
because there are types that they need to share but that is
all(one uses an enum of the other and vice versa).