DerelictGL3 slow compilation speed with contexts

Igor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 13 16:30:34 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 at 13:25:01 UTC, Mike Parker
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 at 10:28:26 UTC, Igor wrote:
>

>> Well since minimal example is a window app that opens a window,
>> sets everything up and calls opengl stuff I will just push it
>> to my github project this evening and you will can try with
>> that.
>> I will let you know when its done.
>>
>> In the meantime I can tell you that it seems that the main
>> culprit
>> for long compile time is "-inline" compiler option.
>
> In that case, I should be able to reproduce it. I've not
> compiled the context stuff with -inline before. Once I do
> reproduce it, I'll open an issue over github for future
> discussion. I'll let you know if I need more info.

I tested it again with my entire project and it seems it is not
inline thing but -O (optimized build). You can checkout the
project here: https://github.com/igor84/dngin

if you try to build it with "dub build -ax86_64 -b release" you
will experience very long compilation.