failed loading freetype 2.6 via derelict-ft

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 13 22:18:07 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 at 19:01:52 UTC, Spacen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to resurect an old project, but can't get the
> freetype library loaded. I can't figgure out what to do it's
> been a while. I have just built the freetype 2.6 library with
> visual studio 2015. Any tips would be appreciated.
>
>>dub build
> Performing "debug" build using dmd for x86.
> derelict-util 2.0.6: target for configuration "library" is up
> to date.
> derelict-ft 1.1.3: building configuration "library"...
> derelict-gl3 1.0.23: target for configuration "library" is up
> to date.
> derelict-sdl2 1.9.7: target for configuration "library" is up
> to date.
> gltest ~master: building configuration "application"...
> Linking...
> To force a rebuild of up-to-date targets, run again with
> --force.
>
> C:\>gltest.exe
> Exception: Failed to load symbol FT_Stream_OpenBzip2 from
> shared library

Missing symbols usually mean a version mismatch. The latest
DerelictFT requires FreeType 2.6 or later. It could also mean
your shared library was compiled without bzip2 support. I'm on my
phone right now else I'd check it myself, but if your library os
up to date you can use derelict's selective loading mechanism to
ignore missing symbols you don't need.

http://derelictorg.github.io/loading/failure/