Ranges suck!

Your name via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 14 23:53:20 UTC 2017

Every time I go to use something like strip it bitches and gives
me errors. Why can't I simply do somestring.strip("\n")???

import std.string would be the likely strip yet it takes a range
and somestring, for some retarded reason, isn't a range. strip
isn't the only function that does this. Who ever implemented
ranges the way they did needs to get their head checked!

How bout you make these functions work on strings automatically
so it works without moronic errors. Every sane programming(not
including D) does not try to toy with the programmer and make
them figure out retarded rules that make no sense logically.
strip is meant to be used on strings in most cases so having
direct and easy access to it should override trying to force
ranges down my throat. I'm not a porn star. No other language
plays these guys, why does D do it?

Ok, so I know what your saying "Oh, but strip("\n") should be
strip()! Your a moron RTFM!" But why then force me to strip for
nothing? Why not pay me? e.g., let me strip for something like
strip("x")?

Oh, chomp? Is that the function I'm suppose to use? Seriously?
Was the D lib written by someone with a pacman fetish?