failed loading freetype 2.6 via derelict-ft

Spacen via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 15 16:04:52 UTC 2017

On Friday, 15 September 2017 at 05:16:55 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 at 22:18:07 UTC, Mike Parker
> wrote:
>

>> Missing symbols usually mean a version mismatch. The latest
>> DerelictFT requires FreeType 2.6 or later. It could also mean
>> your shared library was compiled without bzip2 support. I'm on
>> my phone right now else I'd check it myself, but if your
>> library os up to date you can use derelict's selective loading
>> mechanism to ignore missing symbols you don't need.
>>
>> http://derelictorg.github.io/loading/failure/
>
> Digging through the FreeType changelogs, I think it likely that
> it's a configuration issue -- your copy of the freetype shared
> library was compiled without bzip2 support.

Thanks for the reply that is exactly it. I downloaded several
dlls from the internet, and then decided to build it myself. I
see there is a bzip configuration option but I'll need to read
the documentation and presumably bzip gets linked into the dll.

I managed to get the application running by ignoring these
missing functions:

        if(
                 symbolName == "FT_Stream_OpenBzip2" ||
                 symbolName ==
"FT_Get_CID_Registry_Ordering_Supplement" ||
                 symbolName ==
"FT_Get_CID_Is_Internally_CID_Keyed" ||
                 symbolName == "FT_Get_CID_From_Glyph_Index"
             ) {

I imagine there will be a crash if they actually get called.