What the hell is wrong with D?

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Tue Sep 19 20:00:40 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 at 19:16:05 UTC, EntangledQuanta
wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I'm just glad there is at least one sane person that decided to
> chime in... was quite surprised actually. I find it quite
> pathetic when someone tries to justify a wrong by pointing to
> other wrongs. It takes away all credibility that they have.

I have no doubt that had someone thought to propose addressing
this when the language was new it would have been seriously
considered and likely accepted (given how frequently this causes
bugs). D tried to fix a lot of behavior from C that was bug prone
but it didn't catch everything.

If you want to help, I suggest trying to come up with a DIP that
addresses it while being conscious of how to avoid breaking an
enormous amount of code. I suspect it's a hard and maybe
impossible problem but if you are up for the challenge I'm sure
your efforts would be welcome.