What the hell is wrong with D?

nkm1 t4nk074 at openmailbox.org
Tue Sep 19 21:17:53 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 at 17:40:20 UTC, EntangledQuanta
wrote:
> Yeah, that is really logical! No wonder D sucks and has so many
> bugs! Always wants me to be explicit about the stuff it won't
> figure out but it implicitly does stuff that makes no sense.
> The whole point of the parenthesis is to inform the compiler
> about the expression to use. Not use everything to the left of
> ?.

There are two issues there; operator precedence and booleans
(_win[0] == '@') being a valid operands to +.
If someone is too stupid to learn how precedence works, they
should consider a different career instead of blaming others.
OTOH, booleans converting to numbers is a very questionable
feature. I certainly have never seen any good use for it. This is
just an unfortunate legacy of C, which didn't even have booleans
for a long time.