[FreeBSD] 0x000000000061d8cd in rt.aaA.Impl.findSlotLookup(ulong, const(void*), const(TypeInfo)) inout ()

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 23 11:23:26 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 23 September 2017 at 08:45:00 UTC, Mengu wrote:
> hello everyone
>
> i have a small program that parses an xml file, holding a list
> with 13610 elements. after making the list, it iterates over
> the list (paralele), goes to a web site and grabs the related
> data for that element.
>
> it works perfect for the first 1K element in the list. after
> that i get a very annoying segmentation fault. no exceptions,
> nothing. it just dumps a core file. below is the full stack
> trace. (also available at https://pastebin.com/PT1R5D7S)
>
> i appreciate any help.
>
> my dmd info:
> DMD64 D Compiler v2.076.0-dirty
> Copyright (c) 1999-2017 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright
>
> my os info:
> FreeBSD metropol.com 11.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE #0
> r321309: Fri Jul 21 02:08:28 UTC 2017
> root at releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>

> (gdb) bt full
> [...]

So it fails:
trying to find if an element exists in an AA
in a regex
invoked as a callback from curl
inside a parallel foreach.

Interesting that it just straight up core dumps, usually you'll
get an exception.
see
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/rrpmgzqqtkqgeicjdgps@forum.dlang.org for a recent discussion. What it the stack limit? 35 frames is a fair bit, could be a stack overflow. What is the return code? this will probably give you some info as to what happened.

Only other thing I can suggest is try linking against a debug
phobos to see if you can get some more diagnostics.