how to build project with locally compiled phobos

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 23 12:10:02 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 23 September 2017 at 11:58:40 UTC, Mengu wrote:
> hi all
>
> i've successfully compiled phobos master with gmake on freebsd.
> (make fails, i've no clue at all as to why)
>
> how do i compile my project now against my local phobos with
> dub? with plain dmd?
>
> i tried (in dub.sdl):
> - full path to new libphobos.so with -defaultlib to dflags
> - full path to new libphobos.so to lflags
>
> i checked with ldd and saw the original libphobos.so was used.
> my current workaround is copying mine to /usr/lib.
>
> thanks in advanced.

try changing the dmd.conf file that is next to the dmd binary. My
current one looks like

[Environment]
DFLAGS=-I~/d/druntime/import -I~/d/import -I~/d/phobos
-L-L/Users/nicholaswilson/d/lib/

just change the -I and -L-L flags to the appropriate locations.
or use the -conf switch (-conf=/path/to/newdmd.conf)