Global hotkey with GTK based application under Windows

ANtlord antlord92 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 16:30:43 UTC 2018

Hello! I implement a GTK-D based application for Windows and
Linux. In case of Linux there isn't any problem, I use binding[1]
for libkeybinder. In case of Windows I can't find convinient way
to implement global shortcuts. There is a way to get it done is
use of WinAPI but it's not convinient by a couple of things.

WinAPI provides RegisterHotKey method[2] but I have no idea how
to get HWND using GTK-D. If I get it done I get a problem to
handle it. Design of WinAPI means handling of hotkey in a loop
like so[3]. I could get the thing done using tick callback[4] but
I use the callback for another stuff, and I don't know whether
GTK-D supports multiple tick callbacks, I can't get it at least.

If anyone has an idea, please tell me because I ran out. Thanks
in advance!

[1] https://github.com/dhasenan/keybinder
[2]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646309.aspx