mixin break; in switch containing static foreach

Vladimirs Nordholm v at vladde.net
Tue Apr 3 19:31:50 UTC 2018

My base problem is that I want to mixin `break` into a switch
statement, but the mixin is within a static foreach. Take a look
at the following code:

     switch(foo)
     {
         static foreach(f; EnumMembers!Foo)
         {
             mixin(format("
                 case Foo.%s:    bar = Bar.%s;    break;
             ", f, f));
         }

         default: /* do stuff */; break;
     }

The above code returns the error "Error: must use labeled `break`
within `static foreach`". For a more complete example, take a
look att this sample code: https://dpaste.dzfl.pl/f3ab6d9679fc

I also attempted this solution, but I got the error that the
label didn't exist. (And it looks pretty ugly)

     mixin(format("%s: case Foo.%s: abc = Foo.X%s; break %s;", f,
f, f, f));

Any of you have a solution for this problem?

Best regards,
Vladimirs Nordholm