Using iteration / method chaining / etc on multi-dimensional arrays

Chris Katko ckatko at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:38:34 UTC 2018

I googled but couldn't find any clear solution.

I've got a 2-D array of strings read from a text file I parsed.
So it's like

0 1 15 0 0
2 12 1 0 0
0 1 0 10 0

They come in with spaces, so I join into an array between them.
But then the last ones have a newline \n on the end, which
explodes the to! type conversion.

If it was a single array, I could simply do:

string [25] test;

   test.each((ref n) => n.stripRight());

But how do you do that when it's a 2-D array?

I'm looking not just for this case, but the generate case of
iterating / applying filters to 2-D arrays.

Thanks.