module `socket` is in file 'std/c/linux/socket.d' which cannot be read

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:42:53 UTC 2018

On Friday, 3 August 2018 at 15:33:57 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> Any suggestions?

The line right next to it, commented, is the solution. Try
grabbing the new one from git master, or swap the comment
yourself.

Older dmd versions used std.c.linux.socket, newer ones use
core.sys.posix.socket. I supported old dmd versions going back
like 3 years, but I guess they just recently removed that old
name so wanna switch to the new one now.

but the transition has been happening for a while so I just made
the change and it should still support a year or two of dmd
versions!