dmd64 on Windows: how?

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:12:07 UTC 2018

On Friday, 10 August 2018 at 12:15:55 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How should I set up DMD to be able to `dmd -m64` on Windows
> nowadays?
>
> I usually download the 7z, but it broke when I replaced my
> Visual Studio with 2017 edition.

If you were using another Visual Studio version, since VS 2017
operates differently, in a more modular fashion, you'll have to
use the Visual Studio 2017 installer to modify your installation
and add the correct Windows SDKs.
I'm not on my machine and haven't done this in quite some time,
so I don't remember which package exactly is needed...
But if you have already done this however, then I don't know what
the problem could be.