dmd64 on Windows: how?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 03:49:04 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 11 August 2018 at 19:50:30 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:

> This was most close to solving my problem.  Thanks!
>
> I've installed the components shown in wiki image: v141 tools
> and the SDKs.

VS 2017 Community includes everything you need. There's no reason
to install the SDK separately. If it's installed first, the DMD
installer will find it. The latest version will install the MinGW
system libs and the lld linker if no VS installation is found.
And for the past few versions, when you run dmd it will look for
the VS installation as needed. So it should work out of the box
without the need for the separate SDK or mucking about with the
paths in sc.ini.

Is your VS 2017 the Community edition?