Could you anybody using DerelictSDL2 on Android?

zhani dummy at dummy.org
Sun Aug 12 18:50:26 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 12 August 2018 at 03:42:34 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 August 2018 at 14:36:59 UTC, zhani wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't do any sort of Android development, so I've never
>>> tested any Derelict packages on the platform. A few years
>>> back someone did some work with the DerelictGLES binding on
>>> Android and IIRC I made some updates to the DerelictUtil
>>> package for it. And I've added some version statements to
>>> DerelictSDL2 for the Android-specific parts of the C headers.
>>> Beyond that, I don't know of anyone who's done anything with
>>> it.
>>
>> so sad...
>
> There's nothing sad about it. There's only so much time in a
> day. I have no reason to do any Android development. Nor iPhone
> development. Nor countless other platforms.
>
> The static binding configuration (see the docs [1]) *should*
> work for Android and will save you the time of implementing the
> bindings yourself. If you can compile DerelictSDL2 for Android
> using the DerelictSDL2_Static version, then link it and SDL2
> with your app, it should work. All I'm saying is I've never
> tried it and I know of no one who has. If it works for you, or
> you can get it working, then we can tell the next person who
> comes along that it does work.
>
> [1] http://derelictorg.github.io/packages/sdl2/

I didnt say to “please, be make a android build now!”
Yah, you’re right. You dont have to make a DerelictSDL2 for any
platform. Im very sorry but i dont care about it.
I just wanna know how to do it. Anything is ok for me. Links,
advices with detail, experience. I wanna clue and its not a dev
req to you.

Ok, i got some clues in here.
First, there is no people who tried it. Sad.
Second, be use a SDL2 with static version. it will be working.
but nobody unknow how to do it.
And notice, A DerelictSDL2 IS NOT A REASON to development for any
platform. RIGHT?

It was i know, and what i know all.
I just can, init a dub, replace a dmd to ldc2 for android, add a
DerelictSDL2 and sit here in a corner, crying.

Anyway thank you for reply to stupid question. :-)

Regards,