How do you actually run the "Start a minimal webserver" example on the home page

AN a at a.com
Sat Aug 25 20:17:35 UTC 2018

I downloaded the script and made it executable. I also have dub
on `/usr/bin/dub` . The example just stalls with no output. After
fidgeting around for 5 minutes I realized it was downloading
silently in the background. (I think for homepage examples, they
should be running in verbose mode as this is probably the first
touchpoint for a new D user)

Now, i have this error:

$ ./webserver.d
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: cannot find -lssl
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: cannot find -lcrypto
Error: /usr/bin/gcc failed with status: 1
/usr/bin/ldc2 failed with exit code 1.

System: Ubuntu 18.04

Should dub take care of those for installation? Or, maybe the
example is best run with a docker image of dmd/ldc compiler.