Solving the impossible?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 22:01:45 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 28 August 2018 at 20:37:05 UTC, Everlast wrote:
> Also, the biggest complaint is that when we use [] attached to
> a type it has a specific meaning as "an array of". e.g., int[]
> means an array of int's.
>
> But int[] a... then changes as we don't have an array of int's
> any more but simply a sequence of ints. While internally it
> might not matter it just doesn't jive with normal type syntax
> IMO.

The parameter `int[] a...` is an an array of ints just like any
other `int[]` in D. If you don't believe me, see for yourself
here: https://run.dlang.io/is/IJdovg

I understand that the syntax does not align with your
expectations. Instead of complaining about it, I would urge you
to set your preconceptions aside and learn D with an open mind.
You'll be less frustrated, more productive, and more successful.