Messing with OpenGL in D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Dec 5 21:20:23 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 08:44:13PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 December 2018 at 20:36:43 UTC, Nadir Chowdhury wrote:
> > I'm on Windows 10, so which parts would differ? Sorry, should've
> > mentioned it in my original post. Thanks for the reply!
>
> Basically all of it lol. The principals are the same, but the specific
> functions are all different.

Haha yeah.  Pretty much everything I said would be completely different
on Windows.  But yeah, the principles are the same:

1) Somehow create a window / screen using your OS's GUI API.

2) Create a GL context for that window / screen (probably can be done as
part of (1)).

3) Create a main loop to handle OS GUI events (mainly forwarding to
application logic).

4) Use GL for rendering whenever it's time to draw a frame.

If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete
themselves upon execution. -- Robert Sewell