public imports

Sjoerd Nijboer dlang at sjoerdnijboer.com
Wed Dec 5 22:57:37 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 5 December 2018 at 21:21:12 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> Looks intended. It doesn't really make sense to have a public
> import inside a function.

I was trying to find a weird corner of the language and maybe do
something funny with conditional imports.
They don't work in functions, however public imports do work in
templates, but act as imports that are only visible in that scope.

I was trying to get some form of persistant import outside of the
function/template scope in the module scope, depending on the
parameters of the function or template.
I hoped I could find something funny or maybe some usefull trick.
Unfortunately I couldn't :/