Native PDB Error

JN 666total at wp.pl
Sat Dec 15 21:14:24 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 15 December 2018 at 20:54:03 UTC, JN wrote:

> Bump. Encountering the same issue. Just reinstalled Windows and
> having the same error on
> DMD32 D Compiler v2.083.1 .

OK, fixed it. Since it's the first hit from Google, here's a
solution:

https://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikedev/comments/8s5x5n/roguelikedev_does_the_complete_roguelike_tutorial/e11p66q/

"What I did to fix it was install Visual Studio 2017 Community,
then go into the VS installer and add both the "Desktop
Development With C++" and "Game Development With C++" workloads.
It is not enough to just install Visual Studio, and the C++ Build
Tools do not have the sufficient .lib files to build the game."

The Game development pack is probably unnecessary, since it's
DirectX and stuff, but I installed it just to be safe.