Doubt about this book: The D Programming Language

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 19:57:08 UTC 2018

On 12/16/18 1:37 PM, Marko wrote:
> On Amazon The D Programming Language has good reviews but it's 8 years
> old. So is this book still relevant today?

Mostly, yes. And it's a pretty good book, even if it has some outdated
parts. There's errata somewhere too.

> Would you recommend another book?

I highly recommend this book (available online for free or you can
purchase a hard copy): http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html

It is continually updated by Ali, so it should be up to date with the
latest compiler.

> PS: I am already a programmer writing mainly in C and C#.

I hope you feel right at home here :) But I must warn you, if you're
anything like me, you will hate having to go back to another language.

-Steve