Orphan format arguments: args[0..1]

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 20:09:02 UTC 2018

 >> Now there is a compilation error:
 >>
 >>    Orphan format arguments: args[0..1]
 >
 > Hm... maybe a runtime error? I didn't think the compiler knows to
 > complain about this.

Sorry, it was a runtime error. (I was seeing compile time because of the
following.)

 > Yes, in fact that is kind of a difference from previous
 > "auto-concatenation" if you just put whitespace between the strings.

Yes. The reason for my confusion was, since the former is deprecated, I
assumed the following two would exactly be the same:

   "hello" "world"
   "hello" ~ "world"

Whether they are the same depends on code around them; hence my post. :)

 > -Steve

Ali