Tricky DMD bug, but I have no idea how to report

JN 666total at wp.pl
Tue Dec 18 22:29:07 UTC 2018

On Monday, 17 December 2018 at 22:22:05 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> A less likely possibility might be an optimizer bug -- do you
> get different results if you add / remove '-O' (and/or
> '-inline') from your dmd command-line?  If some combination of
> -O and -inline (or their removal thereof) "fixes" the problem,
> it could be an optimizer bug. But those are rare, and usually
> only show up when you use an obscure D feature combined with
> another obscure corner case, in a way that people haven't
> thought of.  My bet is still on a pointer bug somewhere in your
> code.

I played around with dmd commandline. It works with -O. Works
with -O -inline. As soon as I add -boundscheck=off it breaks.

As I understand it, out of bounds access is UB. Which would fit
my problems because they look like UB. But if I run without
boundscheck=off, shouldn't I get a RangeError somewhere?