Copyright for reworked Phobos code in Mir

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 15:40:13 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

I am slightly confused by copyright mess in some of Mir modules.
As you may know, some of them contain reworked Phobos functions.
Plus I am not sure that I understand the meaning of Copyright in
the context that both Phobos and Mir are Boost licensed.

For example, currently, I am creating mir.numeric that will
contain findRoot, findLocalMin rework of Phobos and other stuff.
And findLocalMin in Phobos is my work.

std.numeric contains:
Copyright: Copyright Andrei Alexandrescu 2008 - 2009.

What copyright should contain mir.numeric?

Another example is that sometimes I write a new implementation
but use Phobos unittests.

There was an inverse precedent - Mersenne Twister. Mir version
was backported to Phobos.

Best,
Ilya