How do you get mouse movement info in GtkD?

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 12:03:10 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 30 January 2016 at 06:43:11 UTC, Enjoys Math wrote:

> There's also one that takes an Event param, but there's no
> obvious way to get the x/y info from that so I'll just use this
> lower level one which seems to work.

I know this post is old, but a search I did the other day brought
me here, so I'm assuming someone else may find this new info
useful...

I don't think this part of GtkD was abstracted down that far.
Here's a solution I came up with (connect via
addOnMotionNotify(&onMotion) if you're in the same context)

public bool onMotion(Event event, Widget widget)
{
	if(event.type == EventType.MOTION_NOTIFY)
	{
		writeln("x = ", event.motion.x, " y = ", event.motion.y);
	}

	return(true);

} // onMotion()